program began with a tweet, an enormous response from the KidLit group, and two image guide authors searching for methods to tug different creators up the turbulent publishing ladder.
This program pairs agented image guide creators which are educated about querying, agent calls, author-agent relationships, being on submission, guide offers, and contract language, with the following era of kids’s guide authors and illustrators for an immersive, custom-made mentorship expertise that’s greater than only a critique.
We love bullet factors, so let’s preserve it easy:
- 5+ unique workshops taught by business professionals
- Neighborhood with their fellow Mentees
- GROWTH. A lot GROWTH.
Please try the web site to learn the eligibility necessities, FAQs, essential dates, and extra in regards to the software course of!
- We’re a mentorship program ONLY for
- We settle for purposes from authors, illustrators, and author-illustrators!
- It’s FREE to use and, if chosen, it’s FREE to be a Mentee!
- Together with unagented creators, *we invite agented creators with out guide offers to use! *Choose mentors solely.
- On , there might be a LIVE occasion through @ebonylynnmudd’s Twitter, asserting the 2023 Mentees, runner-ups, and honorable mentions.
- This program does not finish with a showcase or an agent/editor spherical! Our mission is for every creator to finish their 3-month mentorship CHANGED. It’s essential to measure your progress in opposition to your self. This business is subjective, however your progress might be apparent! Some mentees could determine to question brokers post-mentorship and others received’t. Everybody will are available at completely different ranges and depart at completely different ranges. We have fun that!
- We stroll the stroll in the case of range and inclusion. We’re proud that our 2022 Mentors mirrored what publishing ought to seem like: 8 out of 12 of our Mentors had been marginalized creators.
- You should utilize the to hook up with different candidates and the co-founders on Twitter!
- PB Rising Stars was virtually referred to as the Guinea Pig Mentorship Program (ha!)
- This yr’s mentors have between them!
“fairly superb, we are able to’t imagine we snagged them, can’t wait so that you can discover out who they’re”
Let’s get to it!
Listed below are a few of the books that they’ve printed so far:
Now that you just’ve seen a few of their books…there’s just one factor left to do!!
Listed below are the
Ebony Lynn Mudd – Kailei Pew – Sylvia Chen – Justin Colón – Stephanie V.W. Lucianovic – Erica Lyons – Sara Holly Ackerman – Stephen Briseño – Janelle Harper – Naaz Khan – Maria Marianayagam –
David McMullin – Lissette Norman – Maisha Oso – Brittany J. Thurman – Chloe Ito Ward –
Cynthia Cliff – Jerrold Connors – Lisa Varchol Perron – Audrey Perrott – Allen R. Wells –
Anne Appert – Nadia Fisher – Natasha Khan Kazi – Shamar Knight-Justice
If you wish to study extra about every mentor, learn their full wishlist, and put together your Mentee software, please try the web site: www.pbrisingstars.com/mentors
PB Rising Stars is internet hosting a occasion on Zoom
Meet our Mentors in a panel-style manuscript wishlist dialogue and Q&A earlier than purposes open!
Registration for this occasion is required. First come, first serve. Spots are restricted.
If you’re able to put your self on the market and also you suppose that this mentorship is the following step for you…
Thanks Debbie for having us in your weblog as we speak! We’re so excited to lastly reveal these Mentors and get began with yr two!